Our parish is a part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Plymouth, which is a registered charity (213227). The Diocese covers the South West of England, and stretches from Cornwall to Dorset.
Erected as the Diocese of Plymouth in 1850 by Pope Pius IX, from the Apostolic Vicariate of the Western District, the diocese has remained jurisdictionally constant since. Since 1965, the diocese has been a suffragan see of the Ecclesiastical Province of Southwark; before then it was in the Province of Westminster from 1850 to 1911, then in the Province of Birmingham.
The diocese covers the counties of Cornwall, Devon and Dorset, stretching from Penzance and the Isles of Scilly in the west, to parts of Bournemouth in the east. It is divided into five deaneries: Cornwall, Dorset, Exeter, Plymouth, and Torbay. There are chaplaincies at the universities of Bournemouth, Exeter and Plymouth.
The diocese includes the Grail Centre in Pinner in the London Borough of Harrow (which is physically in the Diocese of Westminster), a lay community of single Roman Catholic women. The Centre promotes a wider "Grail community" to include non-resident women and families, and also publishes a translation of the Psalms.
The map above shows the Diocese of Plymouth located within the boundaries of the Province of Southward.